During the COVID-19 pandemic, institutions had to adapt rapidly. These changes helped improve in areas of customer service, technology, innovation, and more. Going forward, how will institutional members apply these new ideas to their dining operations? Each region held a Virtual Town Hall for a discussion on these topics, and the legacy COVID-19 will leave on college and university dining operations.
– Speakers: Mike Kosevich, associate director, Montana State University; Kim Pogansk, director of culinary services, College of St. Benedict, and Liz Poore, director of dining services, Colorado State University.
– Speakers: Jennifer Hickey, director of dining services, Washington & Lee University; Brian Grove, senior associate director, Virginia Tech, and Errol A. Huffman, director of dining services, Dickinson College.
– Speakers: Jill Irvin, director of university dining, University of Iowa; Zia Ahmed, senior director dining services, The Ohio State University, and Peter Testory, director of dining and culinary services, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
– Speakers: Virginia Dunleavy, director of dining and catering, Rhode Island School of Design; Eric Blackledge, executive director, University at Buffalo; Jennifer Stonewell, director of human resources, SUNY Morrisville; Tanzania Cannon-Eckerle, director of human resources, University of Massachusetts Amherst, and Chef James Webb, senior executive chef, SUNY Cortland.
– Speakers: Dan Faires, assistant director, retail dining, University of Washington; Tara Sanders, assistant director of nutrition and sustainability, Oregon State University; Christine Carlson, senior associate director, University of Arizona, and Derek Holl, project planning analyst, University of California San Diego.
– Speakers: Holly Grof, RD, RDN, dining services coordinator, The University of Alabama; Heather Young, marketing director, The University of Alabama; Mike Betzold, assistant director – hospitality services, Texas Tech University; Alan Cushman, marketing manager – hospitality services, Texas Tech University; Joe Anderson, general manager, Georgia Southern University, and Michael Doyle, general manager galley dining commons, Georgia Southern University.