The Engaging People Workshop is a NACUFS workshop for anyone who supervises others. It resides within the Talent Management Knowledge Domain.
This two day workshop will give you a new lens on how to lead, manage, and retain team
members. Whether you are an aspiring manager, new to management, or have years
of experience, the Engaging People Workshop will provide you with a new
perspective and practical tactics on motivation, leadership, conflict
resolution, teamwork, and recruitment.
workshop encourages collaboration among participants as you look at big-picture
strategy and build a framework to manage your team effectively!
Attendees who complete the workshop will achieve the following outcomes:
upon your professional network with individuals within collegiate foodservice
who face the same challenges as you.
- Understand how your preferred work style and the various styles within your team can work as an advantage through an informal personality profile.
- Gain insight into how knowledge sharing can empower your staff and help you manage your time and competing priorities.
- Learn tips to grow your professional relationships with peers, direct reports, and leadership.
- Build your confidence in navigating difficult employee conversations and applying corrective action through using attentive listening and feedback skills.
- Grow your awareness of how your communication style can develop your team, retain your talent, recruit new talent, and increase employee engagement.
- Opportunities for self-reflection, new skill practice, and action-planning.
“This workshop definitely exceeded my expectations and provided the framework to successfully manage people. I can apply what I learned and immediately put it into execution. Most importantly, it enabled me to become and see myself as a better leader.”
Angela Peterson, associate vice chancellor for campus enterprises, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University