Job Description:To manage and supervise all phases of a large scale food service operation; including food preparation and service, training of personnel, completing office/administrative duties, ordering supplies/food, customer service, cash handling, ordering food, supervising food preparation, and serving food to customers.
- Ability to multi-task and assist in the organization and direction of all staff in a dining unit. Assist with all merchandising, marketing, and programs.
- Assist in determining needs, establishing goals, ordering product, setting direction, and evaluating product movement and sales trends to maximize inventory control.
- Help to develop effective working relationships and positively influence and motivate a diverse staff. Ensure the continued professional development of employees.
- Maintain current knowledge of all areas of responsibility. Train, coach, evaluate and direct full time, temporary, and student staff.
- Serve as back-up for other dining supervisors, managers and other units when requested. Drive a UT vehicle.
- Maintain current knowledge of the University, its environment, purpose and affairs.
- Help to anticipate and identify issues and areas of improvement, and produce viable and logical solutions.
High school graduation or GED. Two years experience in a large scale and diversified dining service operation. One year of experience in a supervisory capacity.
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Associates degree or Higher. Over 2 years experience maintaining inventory control, purchasing, and supervising staff. Over 3 years of experience in food management in a large food court or restaurant environment. Over 2 years serving over 2,000+ meals a shift. Over 3 years of experience with large scale receipts, reconciling cash receipts, disbursement and recording cash payments, cash register, and transactions. 2+ years of experience in training, coaching and evaluating a diverse staff of 100 or more employees. Demonstrated ability to be a team player, prioritize, multi task and adapt to different situations. Familiar with marketing strategies and implementation in a college or university setting. Have and maintain a current ServSafe Certificate or a current Travis County Food Handlers Card. Demonstrated ability to receive, respond, and follow through with verbal work related instructions from supervisors, customers, and co-workers. Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication skills. Professional demeanor. Bilingual in Spanish and English.
$36,000 + depending on qualifications
A criminal history background check will be required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Employees may be required to report violations of law under Title IX and the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act). If this position is identified a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified and provided resources for reporting. Responsible employees under Title IX are defined and outlined in HOP-3031.
The Clery Act requires all prospective employees be notified of the availability of the Annual Security and Fire Safety report. You may access the 2020 report here or obtain a copy at University Compliance Services, 1616 Guadalupe, Suite UTA 2.206, Austin, TX 78701.