Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.
Senior Auxiliary Systems Administrator
This position reports to the Director of Systems, Operations & Procurement, and provides supervision, design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, communication, assistance and support for all Campus Card, retail systems and computerized equipment used for the management and control of administrative functions (i.e. cash, debit and credit management, communication, etc.) utilized by departments in Auxiliary and Dining Services.
- Serve as the primary system administrator for the Campus Card system and for retail systems used in Dining and Athletic Concessions. System administration in these three systems is mission critical, as malfunctions have profound negative consequences in the core operations of Auxiliary business units.
- Serve as backup for system administration in the areas of event management, advance order systems, menu management, and digital signage.
- Intensive involvement in departmental transaction processing equipment warrants oversight of PCI Compliance. As the department’s key resource in organizing and documenting PCI activity, this function is critically important and highly visible within the BC Community.
- Work closely with Auxiliary Services and ITS management in defining long-term growth and problem-solving strategies.
- Coordinate and communicate activities and priorities with operational and administrative management to ensure the successful completion of project objectives that are aligned with business needs.
- Perform system evaluations and ensure the completion of projects within resource, budget, and scheduling constraints.
- Coordinate and execute validation and communication of recurring BC IT activity (i.e. upgrades, patches, etc.), communicating these activities directly with BC IT and Auxiliary business units.
Bachelor’s degree required. Substantial functional experience may substitute for this requirement.
5-7 years of experience with broad exposure to technological systems. Independent organization of activity and/or supervision of subordinate activities essential.
Functional Skills Required:
- Technical experience in installation/maintenance of system host components, application software, peripherals, and communication software/hardware required.
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of hardware and software computer applications including, but not limited to, spreadsheets and databases required.
- Familiarity with stand-alone and web-based systems, and file server management.
- Experience with end user training is valuable.
- Able to manage system integrations and relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to integrate new systems and unit testing practices, and perform continuous improvement activities.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $67,400 to $84,250; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
· Tuition remission for Employees
· Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
· Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Low-Cost Life Insurance
· Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
· Paid Holidays Annually
· Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
· Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook