Campus Marketing Manager - Campus Dining at Eastern Michigan University - Ypsilanti, MI
At over 300 college & universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Working as a Senior Marketing Manager - Campus Dining at Eastern Michigan University will allow you the opportunity to work with GREAT people like yourself! You will actively engage all guests with the use of but not limited to social media platforms, survey tools and focus groups to determine Guest Satisfaction, assess opportunities for new points of service, concepts, menus, and delivery, and assist in managing the day-to-day activities of our campus dining program.
* Leads in all marketing, advertising, and promotional activities on one or more campuses within a region or district.
* Supervises activities of and directs all marketing efforts on campus.
* Develops and manages annual marketing plans for entire campus operations to include achievement of sales goals for meal plans, retail, residential experience and catering and measure results.
* Works in cooperation with the campus community to enhance campus partnerships and to support sustainability awareness, programming for nutritional and dietary awareness, residential life, etc.
* Coordinates and plans programming and events and lead a diverse committee of campus and Chartwells participants.
* Promotes an environment for the campus dining experience which aligns with the vision and values of the campus culture.
* Creates and distributes collateral for newsletters, programming announcements, promotional activities, guest feedback systems, etc...
* Manages all social media sites for campus dining, and directly oversees the use of the campus dining website, as well as the customer feedback mechanisms.
* Analyzes customer research, current market conditions and competitor information.
* May assist with developing marketing plans and projects for new and existing dining programs.
* Expands and develops marketing platforms by leveraging an extended social media reach.
* Will regularly take social media-ready photos of our culinary and dining program using supplied tools and devices.
* Ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through the safe and efficient uses of resources.
* Directs staff to provide scheduled retail services in accordance with corporate policies and presentation standards.
* Creates marketing presentations.
* Monitors industry best practices and trends.
* BS degree in Marketing preferred, but not required
* Minimum of three years marketing experience
* Previous experience with Photoshop, Publisher, and other design programs preferred but not required
* Ability to present to large groups
* Proficient computer skills to include various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
* Knowledge of merchandising and promotions
* Excellent writing skills, including proofreading
* Ability to communicate on various levels to include management, customer, and associate levels
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)