NC State Dining is hiring for multiple Cook positions at Case, Murphy, Fountain and Clark Dining Halls.
This position serves as a cook at an NC State Dining unit and will assign tasks and direct efforts of other food service technicians, temporary and student employees.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute the production of recipes required to fulfill the menu.
• Requisition products needed to produce recipes.
• Help check in, store, and move food supplies prior to and during production.
• Work with front of house staff to serve food and coordinate the flow of food from production to customers.
• Keep track of food levels and orders during meal time to ensure timely service.
• Enter necessary data information into C-Bord food production system, if necessary, in the absence of a supervising chef.
• Perform necessary cleaning of utensils, workplace, tables, shelves, and equipment and communicate cleaning assignments to other back of house employees.
• Ensure food prep and staff are ready for service, daily food preparation list are completed, and proper rotation of products.
To apply go to https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/162812 and complete an application. Include all previous work experience in the Employment section of the application. You must apply directly through the above link to be considered for employment.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.