The Engaging People Workshop is an online NACUFS Workshop for anyone who supervises others. It resides within the Talent Management Knowledge Domain.
This online workshop is designed to help you improve your interpersonal interactions with employees so you can confidently and professionally address problem behaviors, manage conflict, and receive actionable feedback to help you improve your unit's operations. The workshop includes online lessons, integration with NACUFS Connect, and five facilitated group discussions.
Here’s what the workshop offers you
- A short, informal personality profile to help you better understand your preferred work style and the styles of others.
- Greater clarity about your role and goals as a supervisor for your unit on campus.
- A clear understanding of the difference between power and influence.
- Increased confidence and skills in attentive listening and effective feedback - skills that empower you to engage more fully and authentically with others.
- An introduction to performance development (directing, coaching, supporting, and delegating).
- Skills to identify and address ability versus behavior problems in the workplace.
- Opportunities for self-reflection, new skill practice, and action-planning.
Jodi Schafer, SPHR, is certified by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as a Senior Professional in Human Resources, and independently owns and operates her own consulting and training firm in Williamston, Michigan. Jodi’s expertise and easy facilitation style were well received by previous attendees, and we are happy to have her back for knowledge sharing, skill building, and discussion around the unique supervisory challenges you face on your campus.