At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED
Working as the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- Supports third party safety audits, interprets and supports corrective action for noncompliance
- Applies knowledge of the facilities process flow to integrate procedures within the flow
- Responds to customer quality and safety concerns
- Monitors pertinent regulatory, industry, academia, private sector, and media postings and alert/news feeds for emerging concerns that require investigation, action, follow-up, and/or communication
- Develops and distributes educational materials (written, electronic, visual, etc.) on safety and sanitation topics
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Demonstrated experience in auditing or regulatory inspections
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)