Now is an excellent opportunity for individuals to expand their culinary career and receive on the job training from one of our certified chefs; or transition into a supervisory role and be part of a team that drives successful business operations and continue a proud tradition of being an award winning campus dining program.
The primary purpose of this position will be to execute production and provide leadership and supervision to production staff in a NC State Dining food service unit(s). This position will be responsible for maintaining the highest of culinary standards in all food areas, including the kitchen, serving line and display stations. The current vacancy is located at the Talley Student Union.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Follow and maintain the highest of culinary standards in all food areas, including the kitchen, serving line and display stations.
- Responsible for the quality of the food to be cooked, seasoned, and held correctly, according to the set recipes, and presented in an attractive manner.
- Execute the production of recipes required to fulfill the menu.
- Plan daily food production and assign staff accordingly to execute the plan.
- Act as the team leader in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Review daily production sheets and check preparations amounts for accuracy and coordinate the flow of food in the unit.
- Responsible for face to face customer service and satisfaction.
- Communicate with personnel to ensure adequate amount of food for service while controlling overproduction.
- May pick up or deliver food/supplies to other dining locations.
- Support food production and execution for catering and special events as needed.
Why you should apply:
NC State University is ranked as one of the best employers in North America and recognized among the best universities in the country in many national rankings.
Campus Enterprises and NC State University embody a culture that values collaboration, creativity, innovation, diversity, and teamwork. NC State University provides a team-oriented culture, work/life balance, and work that makes a difference in our community, the state, and beyond.
Excellent fringe benefit package https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/benefits-and-perks/
The Raleigh area is routinely recognized in nationwide surveys as one of the best places to live in the U.S. Residents enjoy an outstanding quality of life, strong economic growth, affordable housing, and great weather, all in close proximity to the mountains and the seashore. Learn more about Raleigh at https://raleighnc.gov/accolades
Interested in joining our team?
To the job postings, application instructions, and to submit an application please visit https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/152448
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the One Card Office. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
Health and Safety:
At NC State, we’re doing everything we can to protect the Pack as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have been following the Community Standards and will continue to do so as NC State plans for a normal fall 2021. More information can be found at the Protect the Pack website at https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or email@example.com. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If the highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.