Culinary Services (CS), a division of Auxiliary Services, provides meals for over 12,000 customers a day becoming an integral part of campus life and the overall college experience. CS proudly provides Montana State University students with not only a repertoire of various cuisines, cooking styles, and flavors, but a comfortable atmosphere to meet friends, study, and simply relax. The division is comprised of 2 residential dining halls, 10 retail operations, Brick Breeden Fieldhouse and Bobcat Stadium Concessions, Fork in the Road food truck, MSU Catering, Indulge In-House Bakery & Salads, and the Farm to Campus Program.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Chef de Cuisine will be assigned to one of two contemporary dining halls. The dining halls serve over 10,000 meals per day and are open 7 days a week from 7am – Midnight providing breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Late Night Bites. Specialty dinners are served multiple times a month highlighting Montana Made, holidays and other special events, and student/parent recipes.
- Performs as the Head Chef.
- Provides oversight and supervision of culinary production; estimates food consumption; selects, develops, and standardizes production recipes to ensure consistent quality; assists with establishing presentation techniques and quality standards; ensures proper equipment operation/maintenance; and ensures compliance of safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Provides oversight and supervision of culinary staff (full-time, student and other temporary employees); assists with the training and professional development of staff for a broad range of subjects from preparation techniques to sanitation compliance.
- Actively assists dining hall operations in day to day activities as needed.
- Ensures food production meets/exceeds all state and local food code standards as well as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards.
- Partners with CS management and Housing staff to provide a creative and pleasing dining experience for students and other customers.
- Interacts with and build sustainable working relationships with students, campus constituents, vendors, and other industry partners while.
To apply go to: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/26599
Learn more about our contemporary dining halls here: http://www.montana.edu/culinaryservices/diningoncampus.html
Salary is: $22 - $27.50 per hour DOE. This is an overtime eligible position.
This position receives full MSU benefits including:
- Tuition waiver
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance available 1st day
- Paid Holidays immediately
- Paid Vacation Leave after 6 months
- Paid Sick Leave after 90 days
- Wellness Program immediately
- Retirement Plan immediately
Detailed benefits information can be found here: https://www.montana.edu/hr/Benefits%20Overview%20FY21.pdf