Catering Sales and Event Manager - 68643BR
Yale University, conveniently located between Boston and New York, offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Located in the heart of historic downtown New Haven with more than 100 local boutiques, national retailers, cafés, casual eateries, award-winning restaurants, and world-renowned theaters, galleries, and museums.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Managing Director of Catering, this position provides support and leadership in planning, producing, managing and executing excellence in operations of Yale Hospitality catered events. Provides leadership for professional and service staff to ensure high-quality catering standards are successfully implemented to create memorable guest experiences.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree and two years of previous hospitality and/or catering management experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience. ServSafe Certified and Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to utilize exceptional communication skills to interact effectively with clients and other university stakeholders. Strong leadership, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, preferably in Microsoft Suite, client retention management, catering management software and Menu Management Systems
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a diverse work staff.
- Ability to work flexible and demanding hours.
- Preferred Education and Experience: College or university dining service experience is preferred. Large volume offsite catering experience. Experience managing bargaining unit employees.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/YaleCareers-68643BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.