UC Davis Medical Center
Food Service Worker, Principal, PD MC
Salary Range: $23.55 Hourly
Final Filing Date: 09/17/2021
This position performs assigned duties in various locations of UCDH, which may include but is not limited to, ACC, Medical Education Building Scrubs East, M.I.N.D Institute & Pavilion. The incumbent may work in various areas in these locations, including: cafeteria, trayline, host/hostess, dish/pot-room, catering delivery, cashiering, store room, food serving, diet kitchen, issue room, and cold or hot production. Incumbent must be able to work in any area of assignment. Incumbent must have knowledge of sanitation and food safety standards. Incumbents are responsible for communications between patient-care units and the food service. Must be cognizant of and promote excellent customer service by demonstrating a caring and interested manner, creating an environment in which customers and co-workers feel valued and respected.
• Ability to understand and exhibit excellent customer service by demonstrating a caring and interested manner, creating an environment in which customers and co-workers feel valued and respected as written in the Customer Service Addendum.
• Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment without disruptive behavior.
Offer assistance and provide directions to visitors, patients and physicians in a clear and professional manner while keeping a courteous and positive tone.
• Ability to work in an environment with very sick patients.
• Communicate with patients, co-workers and other health care professionals in a professional, caring, effective manner.
• Establish a good rapport and professional working relationship with all department personnel and be able to work as a team player.
• Ability to readily assist co-workers and maintain a teamwork attitude.
• Ability to work with and without direct supervision to accomplish tasks in a timely and efficient manner Able to follow management’s instructions and complete tasks within set deadlines.
• Exhibit ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions in English.
• Exercise good judgment when determining appropriate action or setting priorities
• Organizational skills and flexibility to prioritize each task to meet the changing needs of assigned area. Knowledge and ability to consistently use proper body mechanics while performing work duties to minimize injury.
• Use basic mathematical calculations and read a digital scale, operate a cash register, and count large sums of cash
• Understand basic diet, nutrition, and menu terminology.
• Check computer on-line schedule, email as needed, complete mandatory on-line training/testing.
• Ability to respond to STAT (immediate) requests.
• Ability to use Vocera or pager and follow instructions with regard to your area of assignment
• Knowledge of and have experience with safety and sanitation in a food service environment
• Knowledge of and have experience in an acute care hospital, long term care, or nursing home.
• Must be willing and able to work variable shifts (including graveyard, weekends & holidays), hours, and to rotate to various units/buildings/areas to meet the operational needs of the Department.
• Must have ability to bend, stoop, or stand for long periods of time, move heavy containers exceeding 50lbs, and manipulate and maneuver heavy carts and/or containers.
• This position requires fingerprinting and a background check.
• This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at
Job ID #20837
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer