Catering Events Manager
The college is pleased to announce an opening for a Catering Events Manager. Reporting to the Associate Director of Dining Services, the position plans, directs, and coordinates catered events for faculty, staff, alumni, and community member events.
Complexities of the role will entail negotiating contracts, assisting in the selection of menu items, arranging for rentals and/or equipment, and communicating customer needs to the appropriate personnel.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups or who have experience working with a broadly diverse population to apply. In their cover letter, applicants should highlight relevant experience with working with, supporting, and planning authentic menus for individuals from culturally-diverse backgrounds.
Application review will begin on September 14, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Pay starts in the mid to high $50,000’s, commensurate with experience. Job band 2-D. Please visit https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
The Catering Events Manager will act as the point person for clients, detailing and executing events, all while working within the food and beverage team. They would develop and execute catering solutions to meet customer needs while effectively managing budget to the Departments expectations.
- Meets with customers to explore budgets and venues, discuss requests, plan menus, and details of catered events, then planning for all requirements.
- Respond to customer inquiries in accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare comprehensive catering order form according to client’s requirements and interests.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning and coordination of senior week, commencement, and reunion weekend event details, tent and rental orders, and logistics for Dining Services.
- Provides onsite direction during major events, working closely with the Special Events & Late-Night Manager, Catering Chef, Sr. Operations Mission Park Production Kitchen, Executive Chef, and Associate Director in the coordination and planning for major event staffing, production, and execution
- Responsible for developing a professional team for the Faculty House/Catering Operation
- Perform staff management, expense control, menu selection, food preparation and equipment rental to ensure profitable event.
- Ensures that all established methods are being applied in regards to Food Allergies. including signage, food labeling and the avoidance of cross contamination of certain foods.
- Experience in hiring, training, and overseeing catering staff.
- Ensures that sound environmental practices, sustainable programs, local purchasing,
composting, recycling, and over all pre-consumer waste reduction measures are being
followed by the Faculty House/Catering department.
We seek a candidate knowledgeable in planning/managing events, creating banquet orders, floor plans to ensure proper execution of the entire event including Food & Beverage, timeline, coordination of vendors and complete production of the event. The ideal candidate would be focused on creating amazing moments for event clients, be flexible to a varied schedule and a strong communicator. They should demonstrate an understanding of the college’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals; and should be proficient in computer programs such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; and should have attention to detail.
5 years of relevant experience required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.