UC San Diego
Salary Range: $74,019 - $85,044 / Year DOE
Develops, directs and implements the nutrition program for Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH). As the department Registered Dietitian, assists and counsels students with special dietary needs, provides diet instructions and nutrition education. As a representative of Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) its mission and goals, act as an information resource regarding public health issues related to college health with emphasis in nutritional care and education. Assess the nutrition status of individual patients via medical record review, patient interviews, and diet histories. Serve as a resource and expert in the field of nutrition for campus and community. Perform other health education duties as required or requested.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with over 700 career employees, 1000 to 1200 student employees and an annual operating budget greater than $200 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 18,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering over 8 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which added 10,000 new beds in the next 10 years and will almost double our square footage by 2032.
Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 65% by 2032. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
Housing/Dining/Hospitality commits to facilitating an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment, fostering a sense of belonging for our students and staff. As HDH we understand, each unique individual with their varied thoughts and experiences is what makes our department strong. Aligning with UC San Diego’s Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion strategic goals, Housing/Dining/Hospitality is proud to promote and create opportunities for greater equity, diversity and inclusiveness within our division.
• Minimum of 3 years experience as a Registered Dietitian. Must be a Registered Dietitian credentialed with the Commission on Dietetic Registration through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
• MS or MPH degree in related field from accredited university.
• Ability to develop, maintain and utilize a broad network of University departments and community resources in public health and college health initiatives.
• Demonstrated skill for detail and accuracy.
• Skill to interpret trends, define problems, conceptualize solutions and convert complex medical, nutrition and health information into practical applications. Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness and use of original ideas in the performance of duties.
• Skill to use personal computer including word processing, desktop publishing and database application systems and knowledge of business, nutirito, and food service software applications and network systems.
• Skills in setting priorities and accomplishing projects.
• Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on professionalism. Ability to relate effectively and sensitively to diverse, multi-cultural populations.
• Skill in working in a team setting, fostering cooperation and support from other staff.
• Ability to assess nutritional histories, design appropriate nutrition plans, and adapt standard menus to meet specific diet orders, Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality.
• Demonstrated skills in developing and executing nutrition, food service and health educational programs to include one to one counseling and public speaking.
• Current Registered Dietitian per American Dietetic Association and maintain that registration in good standing preferred.
• Must hold the equivalent of MS or MPH degree in Foods and Nutrition/Dietetics.
• Willingness to travel between multiple work sites.
• Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours when needed.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
Our employees enjoy competitive compensation packages and educational opportunities in a diverse, stimulating workforce. Click here for Details - https://employment.ucsd.edu/benefits
Job offer is contingent on successful engagement in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination program (fully vaccinated with documented proof or approved exception/deferral).
To foster the best possible working and learning environment, UC San Diego strives to cultivate a rich and diverse environment, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. For more information, please visit UC San Diego Principles of Community.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html