To be considered for this position, please go to the Miami University job board and apply: https://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/500519/graphic-design-specialist
Are you a thinker, creator and visual storyteller? In this position you will collaborate with appropriate staff and team members to design, edit, and prepare for production a variety of university marketing materials, directed to both internal faculty and staff projects and external marketing campaigns.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated understanding of the difference between designing for print pieces, environmental graphics, and websites/multimedia. They will be expected to embrace our project management system in order to assist in managing project timelines and maintaining deadlines to ensure timely completion of projects. The successful candidate will be able to take/deliver creative feedback from/to colleagues who do not report directly to them, and will drive results while keeping projects on track.
• Collaborate with account managers, other designers, social team, photographers, videographers, web team, and other appropriate staff to produce publications and other materials for recruiting, and events.
• Brainstorm visual ideas with other members of the creative team.
• Consult with clients, as necessary, to determine expectations and resources.
• Design, present, and modify art for clients.
• Research methods, styles, images, and graphics appropriate to content.
• Follow process and utilize appropriate software/tools for successfully monitoring progress of active projects, providing support as needed to ensure timely completion.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Participate in cross-functional projects.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree; OR
Associate’s degree and 2 years of related experience
Experience designing marketing materials within brand guidelines.
Solid understanding of design principles including typography, layout, color, photography and branded elements.
General knowledge of Cascade, Drupal, WordPress, or other web content management systems (CMS) to build and update websites.
• Experience working in a graphic design capacity in a higher education setting.
• Highly creative, curious, and imaginative.
• Demonstrated experience with graphic design software, such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
• Demonstrated experience in design and layout for digital and offset printing.
• Knowledge of and experience in web/email design.
• Knowledge of and willingness to collaborate with web, social media, photo/video, and trademarks & licensing.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
• Experience using Macintosh platform, some experience with PC.
• Knowledge of MSOffice products, specifically Word and Excel.
• Self-motivated and well organized.
• Ability to show discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability and willingness to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Keen attention to detail.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University’s diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University’s mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html
, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.