Campus Dining is one of the premiere, university, food-service organizations in the country. UM Catering is part of Campus Dining and is known for its use of local foods, premiere events, weddings, large events, and eclectic menus.
The University of Montana, located in Missoula, MT is a culturally integrated outdoor community with world-class mountain biking, fishing, hunting and skiing. More than 12,000 students from all over the globe claim The University of Montana as home. The University incorporates diversity into our staffing, menus and special events. UM Dining’s trend setting programs like the UM Farm to College Program, sustainable business practices, the campus garden programs and our staff development programs are envied by our peers across the country. Our international award winning culinary team is proud to be part of the campus and enjoys an excellent reputation with our clients, faculty and staff.
Campus Dining invites applications for a rare opportunity in managing the Retail Kitchen. The Executive Sous Chef reports to the Catering Manager and is responsible for the fiscal and personnel management of the Retail Kitchen. Working with a team of culinary professionals and a student employee staff, this position will oversee the production of food and menu development for catering, and other retail operations.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Experience as a chef in a professional catering environment.
- Professional food management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and experience with wine and beer pairings
- Working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, Excel spread sheets, and extensive knowledge of point of sale systems (POS).
- Ability to work a schedule that does not consist of standard office hours and will include some evenings, weekends, special events, and holidays as required by the needs of the business.
Minimum Required Experience
- Extensive experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities at this level are typically acquired with a four (4) year degree in hospitality or foodservice management or a related field, plus a minimum of four (4) years of directly related experience, or a two (2) year degree from an accredited culinary program, with six (6) years of related food service, culinary, or management experience.
- Management ServSafe certification, or the ability to obtain certification within four (4) months of hire.
- Valid Montana driver’s license or the ability to obtain a license within four (4) months of hire.
- Menu development