Director of Retail Dining and Catering
Reports to the Executive Director of Auxiliary Services, the Director of Retail Dining and Catering is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to the campus community. The Director plans, organizes, directs and manages the day-to-day operation of retail operations, cafes, and catering, with projected annual sales of $2 million. The Director is responsible for the budget objectives of the division. The Director provides leadership to members of the management team, bargaining unit employees, and student employees within the division and works cooperatively with other Auxiliary Services’ Divisional Directors, especially the Director of Resident Dining. The Director has significant interaction with other members of the campus community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for oversight of the operations, managers and staff who are engaged in direct preparation and service to ensure high quality customer service.
2. Encourages customer feedback to evaluate services, menu offerings and quality to attract customers to the operations and maintain and increase customer satisfaction.
3. Provides leadership to team members in establishing objectives and following up to ensure their achievement.
4. Determines personnel needs for operating units. Recruits, interviews, selects and hires hourly and professional personnel. Evaluates professional, hourly and student staff size and effectiveness on a continual basis.
5. Responsible for safety and sanitation standards in operations. This includes compliance with New York State Health Codes and OSHA.
6. Creates an annual budget in consultation with customers, management team, Executive Director and Board of Directors. Monitors all costs and services to achieve budget objectives.
7. Responsible for business relationship with off-campus vendors who provide services via Laker Dining Dollars partnerships.
8. Administers policies in the Professional Employee Handbook and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
9. Responsible for compliance with accounting policies; e.g., payroll, inventory, accounts payable, cash controls, and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS).
10. Advises and assists in the purchasing of dining room and kitchen supplies. Prioritizes and plans new equipment purchases and renovations in consultation with the Executive Director.
11. Maintains records and prepares reports as required.
12. Performs special projects and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Bachelor’s degree in business-related field with five years’ supervisory experience and progressive responsibility in the hospitality industry; college dining experience is preferred.
Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills.
A search has begun to fill the professional, Full-time, Exempt, Director of Retail Dining and Catering position.
To apply, please submit:
Cover letter addressing qualifications which must include how your commitment to the College’s values of diversity, equity and inclusion has been demonstrated in your career experience, professional development or community services (job roles, certification, volunteer work, etc.)
Copy of official or unofficial transcript for required degree, showing degree awarded and date conferred
Contact information for three professional references
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
Deadline to apply: Resume review will begin on January 17, 2022 and will be ongoing until position filled