Mid-Atlantic Regional Director
It’s hard to believe we are almost through the fall semester. Hopefully you have all had great, albeit busy, semesters and are gearing up for the final push before a well-deserved holiday break. The Mid-Atlantic Regional Council and Conference Committee has been busy too!
Our Regional Council has had monthly conference calls to share information about both our region and what is happening at the national level of NACUFS. In addition, at the end of October we met with the Regional Conference Committee at the Valley Forge Casino Resort for a site visit. Here we toured the facility and laid out plans for the educational sessions, culinary challenge, showcase and all the other awesome events that will happen when we are together. Plan on joining us March 5-8, 2017. Early bird registration is open now. For more information, visit https://www.nacufs.org/regions-mid-atlantic/regional-conference/. You won’t want to miss it!
A couple reminders…
- If you haven’t renewed your membership, don’t forget to take care of this before you leave for the winter break. The renewal deadline is December 20, 2016.
- Open call nominations for Board of Trustee and Regional Director-Elect positions are due November 1, 2016. For more information on positions and to nominate yourself or someone else, visit /about-nacufs-leadership/officer-nominations/.
- If you or someone on your team loves to cook and is up for a challenge, apply to take part in the Culinary Challenge at regional conference. This year’s mandatory protein is bone-in pork loin. Applications are due January 18, 2017. Visit https://www.nacufs.org/regions-mid-atlantic/regional-conference/culinary-challenge/ for more information.
- Regional Conference early bird registration is available through January 19, 2017. Register early for the best rate and reserve hotel accommodations for onsite stays.
- For those of you who are competitive, get those juices flowing and work on your Loyal E. Horton Award submission. All entrees must be received by March 31, 2017. For details on the awards you can submit, visit https://www.nacufs.org/recognition-overview.
I hope you all finish the fall semester strong and enjoy some down time over the holiday and break. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I look forward to seeing all of you in Valley Forge soon!