2020 Foodservice Management Institute (FSMI)
June 1-5, 2020
Rich's Innovation Center
Successful foodservice managers share a core set of skills and knowledge that help them run their operations efficiently. The Foodservice Management Institute focuses on the basic operational components of collegiate foodservice management.
At the Foodservice Management Institute, you will learn to:
- Evaluate and develop an appropriate organization structure for an operation
- Identify and relate financial and cost analysis factors
- Read and interpret operating statements, including analyzing food, labor, supplies etc.
- Create a budget and forecast expenses and revenue
- Describe how pricing and cost and inventory controls affect budget management
- Apply principles of menu engineering to develop a menu tailored to a target market
- Perform a pricing and cost analysis.
- Identify the components of a marketing plan, including merchandising, public relations, advertising, and promotions
- Demonstrate creative food presentation techniques
- Assess customer satisfaction
- Develop a quality assurance program with effective auditing
- Develop a food safety and sanitation program
Enrollment is limited to 21 attendees.