Leadership & Supervision:
- Develop the North Campus Dining Operations (including North Village Cafe and Northside Commons) business plan and budget in collaboration with Dining Services leadership.
- Represent CWU Dining Services in meetings with Campus partners regarding food services.
- Provide oversight to Panda Express licensed operations; ensuring CWU Dining Services Panda Express staff complies with contractual obligations.
- Acts as a liaison to Panda Express corporate contacts, providing support and leadership to onsite Panda Express Manager and team.
- Maintain visibility and accessibility with customers, building managers and staff members.
- Work with students and student groups in planning special events as necessary.
- Directly supervise the work completed by the Panda Express Manager (1), 1891 Café & Market Supervisor (1) and the North Village Café Supervisors (2), ensuring appropriate productivity and quality.
- Provide supervision and support of cafes and market operations within North Campus Dining operations, collaborating with Café & Market General Manager and team to provide consistent experiences across campus.
- Provide indirect supervision/oversight of classified civil service staff and student staff.
- Evaluate the work completed by direct reports and provide constructive feedback so as to support success.
- Provide guidance to direct reports on requirements and/or opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Engage when necessary in performance management of employees within the dining organization.
- Supervise the work completed by direct reports, ensuring appropriate productivity and quality.
- Leads recruitment efforts and hiring of new employees.
Operations & Customer Service:
- Embrace and manage technology to improve flow through in the operation.
- Manage the inventory from ordering to utilization, including purchasing, receipt, storage, payment processing, distribution, production, display and sale.
- Collaborate with Auxiliary Enterprise’s Marketing team to identify and utilize multiple venues for soliciting customer feedback and respond to complaints, questions and special requests.
- Monitor compliance with marketing standards and promotions and take corrective action.
- Monitor and review reports, including financial statements, production records, staffing schedules and inquiries from the Auxiliary Enterprise’s Financial team.
- Train and monitor performance in unit safety, cash handling, customer service, and food safety.
- Establish and maintain proper controls over resources, including cash, inventory, and labor.
Culinary Focus & Results:
- Collaboratively develop and implement new concepts and products that align with customer needs, as well as the promotion of campus and department activities and events.
- Develop menus and standardize recipes in collaboration with the Campus Executive Chef and the Dining Services Director.
Menu Management System (Computrition):
- Oversee Computrition functions performed as part of normal business operations, including purchasing, inventory, transfers, and service menus. This position may be required to perform some tasks directly while reviewing or approving work delegated to staff.
- Ensure unit staff are properly trained on using Computrition system by referring them to the Dining Systems Analyst for training, as well as providing ongoing guidance and feedback.
- Use Computrition reporting functions to monitor unit performance by reviewing key metrics related to purchasing, inventory, menu mix and costing. Notify Dining Systems Analyst of suspected errors or issues.
- Other duties as assigned.