The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 12/31/2019
Organization: Bryn Mawr College
Location: Bryn Mawr, PA
Salary: $17.00 - $20.00
Email a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com (Adobe PDF or Microsoft Word compatible format)
Bryn Mawr College, one of the "Seven Sisters," is a distinctive and highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia. The college enrolls 1,200 undergraduate women, as well as 500 men and women in its Graduate Schools of Arts and Sciences and of Social Work and Social Research. The college offers its students the opportunities to earn bachelors and master's degrees in 60 subject areas and doctoral degrees in 11 fields. It also offers a post-baccalaureate pre-med program for college graduates who are contemplating medical school.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Looking for an energetic and motivated individual who assists in the supervising, overseeing and preparing meals in a high volume, commercial kitchen serving 1500-2000 meals per day. Prepares menu as directed. Assists in the training, supervision and directing of production staff for board plan operations.
*Prepares daily menu items as directed.
*Supervising and training all food production staff which include: Cooks, Cold Cooks, General Food Service Workers and student staff.
*Trains full time and student workers on production techniques.
*Managing menu/recipe development for the Board Plan, Specials Events.
*Assists in coordinating the ordering of food, supplies and equipment.
*Assists with inventory management and control.
* Helps to ensure product is ready for production and production guides are distributed.
* Provides oversight to ensure food is produced and presented in a timely matter as well as meeting the quantities to be produced. Follows established system for serving methods and food handling techniques to ensure the highest of quality.
* Responsibilities can include assigning food production duties to kitchen production staff daily. Responsibility for working with full-time and student staff to ensure all production needs are covered, including recruiting and training student kitchen workers. Assists in determining appropriate staffing levels.
* Ensures that the prep is completed for the following day.
* Supervises and ensures that the proper sanitation and safety regulations are followed.
* Works with managers to ensure proper utilization of leftover food. Adjusts following day’s production amount as appropriate.
* Assists in reviewing daily meal counts, details and menus.
* Performs various supervisory duties.
* Performs other duties as needed.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Culinary degree in food preparation and three to five years relevant experience in a high volume, commercial environment. The equivalent or combination of experience and/or training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
* Ability to plan and lead staff training sessions, along with on the job training.
* Must have thorough knowledge of all aspects of food preparation to include vegan/vegetarian cuisines as well as service and sanitation.
* Must have good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to manage implementation of food systems and operational procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to maintain good, accurate records, as well as a basic skillset in using a computer.
* Prior supervisory experience.
* Excellent hearing/speaking ability
* Good manual dexterity
* Ability to climb stairs
* Ability to be mobile between workstations and other areas on campus
* Ability to work in extreme temperatures
* Ability to lift 50+ pounds
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time
* Ability to operate kitchen equipment properly.
* Vision sufficient to prepare detailed food presentations and read printed materials.
* Ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
* Serve Safe Certification required.
Bryn Mawr College does not discriminate on the basis of Race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability in its employment practices. We are committed to building a culturally diverse environment and welcome all applicants.