The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 12/24/2019
Organization: University of California - San Diego
Location: La Jolla, CA
Incumbent is responsible for general administration duties related to the Catering operations. Under supervision of the Catering Senior Food Service Manager, the incumbent interacts with both Service and Culinary staff, and performs administrative duties related to the coordination of the execution of multiple daily catering orders. This includes scheduling, preparing and processing documents to support the accurate and timely execution of catered events, following standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure quality control of banquet orders, and as directed, performs general administrative duties, maintains related files, and provides a high level of customer service.
Housing Dining Hospitality (HDH) is a self-funded, large and complex campus department consisting of 7 divisions, with approximately 700 career employees, 1000-1200 student employees and an annual operating budget of greater than $189 million. HDH provides housing for approximately 15,000 undergraduates, grad students, faculty, staff and their families in over 400 buildings covering approximately 5.3 million sq. ft. HDH is in the midst of implementing an aggressive building plan which will add 5000 new beds and almost double our square footage by 2021. Currently, HDH houses 38% of UCSD’s enrolled students with a goal of housing 50% in the near future. HDH provides maintenance and repair, contract meals/meal plan management, as well as retail food service, conference services and catering services to residents, students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors.
Operating needs of the department require varied work schedules, (i.e., a.m., p.m., and/or weekend shifts and/or 10 hour workday). Employees may be required to take off (vacation or temporary layoff) during scheduled operational shutdown periods, such as Winter, Spring & Summer breaks. Meal perquisite is provided for all Dining Services employees. Employees may be required to change work location on a daily basis as needed or for an indefinite time period.
Please visit our website: http://hdh.ucsd.edu/
• Skill and background in culinary arts, banquets and food and beverage service.
• Knowledge of flow of information, and steps involved in execution of catered events.
• Skill and knowledge of interpersonal relations including the ability to communicate in a helpful, pleasant and informative manner to a wide variety of people, both in person and on the telephone. This includes relationships with staff and students.
• Excellent mechanical skills on computer terminal. Must be fast and accurate.
• Knowledge and skill of e-mail, word processing, data base management and spreadsheet software applications, preferably Word, Windows, Excel and other related software applications.
• Skill to independently organize a continuous flow of work in a timely manner and meet continuous, mandatory deadlines, yet maintain accuracy and neatness.
• Ability to remain calm, efficient and patient under pressure while dealing effectively with a wide variety of people with changing priorities and with frequent interruptions.
• Proven ability to work independently and make independent judgments with a minimum of instruction and supervision.
• Analytical ability to assess workflow problems/ procedures of the office to determine solutions, and to implement standard operating procedure changes.
• Proven interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage.
• Attention to detail in completing forms and projects.
• Job offer is contingent upon satisfactory clearance based on Background Check results.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html