The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Return to Listing
Business Application Manager
Application Deadline: 11/12/2019
Organization: Harvard University
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Business Application Manager
Plan and conduct comprehensive applications/web development for complex projects; typically work as part of a team to implement complex business solutions. Perform expert coding: design, develop code at an expert level, and manage development projects, teams, programs. May manage multiple projects simultaneously.
I0758P Applications Professional IV
The Business Applications Manager works as a liaison between CS-HUIT and Harvard University Dining Services (HUDS) and business managers to insure business applications support the needs of the business, and acts as a resource to unit end users. This position is the primary or backup business application resource, for the business unit, regarding operational processes for business applications such as Micros, Blackboard, and Kronos.
Blackboard and Micros Application Support
- Front line resource for triage of Blackboard and Micros software and hardware issues (Tier 1 support via Help Desk Tickets, phone calls, etc.)
- Provide training to new system users in use of the applications and running reports
- Responsible for monitoring system performance, particularly after system maintenance and/or seasonal openings/closings
- Acts as a liaison between CS-HUIT and HUDS for system outages, maintenance and upgrades
- Responsible for meal plan configurations
Blackboard Meal Plan Operations
- Configures meal plans based on residential dining program requirements
- Configures all adjustments for holidays, spring break, commencement, summer school, and pre-season
- Issues white cards for temporary plans and visitors
- Supports meal plan accounting and billing
- Acts as back up to the Kronos Business Applications Manager responsible for business application support for Kronos
- Assists in triaging Kronos software and hardware issues (Tier 1 support via Help Desk Tickets, phone calls, etc.)
- Ensures proper usage of system related to payroll and the collective bargaining agreement
Typical Core Duties
- Participate fully in software development life cycle
- Research, design, and implement technical solutions to deliver business requirements
- Identify opportunities to improve and simplify applications portfolio and implement related enhancements
- Contribute to creation and maturing of software development best practices and new technologies
- Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to internal and external clients and to mentor junior staff
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
- Minimum of five years' post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of college/University dining operations.
- Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
- Highly specialized knowledge of a specific technology
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
- Strong knowledge of business process analysis; developing functional specifications and requirements for technology selection and development.
- Ability to build strong relationships with University constituents, HUDs team, and Campus Services support teams.
- Solid computer skills and knowledge of systems in University dining and function settings.
- Ability to communicate to and train a large diverse set of users.
- Solid understanding of applicable HR and Payroll activities as it pertains to the system usage.
- Knowledge of HUDs Collective Bargaining Agreement and personnel regulations with regards to scheduling laws, rules and procedures.
Certificates and Licenses
- Completion of Harvard IT Academy specified foundational courses (or external equivalent) preferred
- Work is performed in an office setting
USA - MA - Cambridge
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Criminal, Drug Testing, Education, Employment, Identity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/czj3zggp2xdj9f2g