The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 10/16/2019
Organization: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Location: Urbana, IL
Salary: Please see job description
Please apply online:
Senior Associate Director - Retail Operations
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Illini Union at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking a talented student affairs professional to serve as the Senior Associate Director of Retail Operations. As the community center of the University, the Illini Union draws together all members of the University with approximately 16,000 visits of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests on a daily basis.
Reporting to the Director of the Illini Union, the Senior Associate Director of Retail will serve as a senior Advisor to the Director and provide administrative support in all aspects of the retail operation.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Position Functions and Major Responsibilities:
1. Administers several of the following retail or service areas, such as:
a. Illini Union Retail Stores
b. Campus Vending
c. Self-Operated Food Service
d. Illini Union and Satellite Campus Operations
e. Food Service Contract Management
2. Assists the Director in long-range, strategic planning for the organization and for specific areas of responsibility.
3. Assists the Director in setting annual goals, objectives and priorities for the organization and for specific areas of responsibilities.
4. Develops, clarifies and enforces organizational policies and procedures, and reviews them on an on-going basis to ensure proper accountability, consistency and a high standard of ethics.
5. Acts as advisor to the Illini Union Board, its members and committees. Attends Full Board and selected committee meetings and participates without vote.
6. Acts as advisor and ex-officio member of the Illini Union Bookstore Faculty Liaison Committee.
7. Researches and interprets University, State and/or Federal laws, regulations and policies to ensure compliance.
8. Participates in the development of annual operating budgets and approves departmental level budgets. Approves expenditures and signs all requisitions.
9. Participates in the prioritization of capital projects and in the allocation of resources for such projects.
10. Provides financial analysis of operational performance and initiates actions which respond to financial needs.
11. Administers existing contractual relationships and assists in the development of new contracts consistent with State Procurement Code and OBFS policies and procedures.
12. Reviews and approves all operational expenditures.
13. Researches, develops, and directs/coordinates special projects assigned by the Vice Chancellor's Office.
14. Serves on other Student Affairs or University committees, task forces, etc. on behalf of the organization or the Office of Student Affairs.
15. Serves as staff advisor to the Illini Union Board and specifically to its Policy Committee.
16. Compiles data and prepares reports as assigned.
17. Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director and assumes the duties of the Director in his/her absence in collaboration with other Senior Leaders, to help further the mission of the unit.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time academic professional position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: October 16, 2019
All candidates must complete an online application at jobs.illinois.edu prior to the application deadline for full consideration. Qualified candidates must upload a letter of application, resume, and contact information (name, address, telephone number, and email address) for three current professional references. Official transcripts will be required for all finalists. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Human Resources and Administrative Shared Services
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.