The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 10/22/2019
Organization: Harvard University
Location: Cambridge, MA
Salary: Salary grade 58
General Manager (Crimson Catering)
343058 Food Services Manager
Reporting to the Director for Crimson Catering, the General Manager provides oversight to a full service Catering and Special Events operation. This person has primary responsibility for all operational aspects of a quality catering operation, and for providing maximum customer satisfaction to the Harvard community and guests, in accordance with HUDS standards. The General Manager is responsible for supporting the unit's overall operating procedures including food and labor costs, inventory control, record keeping, menu development, event design, food quality and presentation, forecasting and budgeting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises staff consisting of managers and hourly employees.
• Prepares and assumes fiduciary responsibility for fiscal year budget.
• Sells, plans and executes events ranging in size and complexity from single-day functions to large-scale University social gatherings.
• Develops business relationships with new and existing clients.
• Assists clients in solidifying event details including menu, theme, room setup, and timing.
• Coordinates and communicates with vendors.
• Oversees all function activities, meeting weekly with the sales office, event management office and culinary team regarding details of upcoming events including event logistics, food presentation, and timelines.
• Works in conjunction with the Catering Events managers, performing hands-on management and execution of all styles of events on and off campus, as needed.
• Hires and trains staff.
• Ensures detailed record keeping and documentation for all aspects of the operation.
• Monitors service standards to consistently provide five star hospitality and ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Works to continuously remain fresh and creative with regard to menu offerings and presentation. Works to create an overall creative and exciting total look and feel for each event.
• Works to continuously improve and maintain the day-to-day "On the Move" style events to embrace creativity, simplicity, freshness and continuity.
• Is a motivational force by providing support, guidance, creativity, clarity, direction and excitement to the overall event execution process from inquiry to table for the entire Crimson Catering team.
• Reviews, creates and implements Sales and Event office procedures.
• Represents Harvard University Dining Services (HUDS) to clients, students, Faculty Deans, faculty, staff, guests and the community; and responds to their needs in a positive and professional manner.
• Responsible for maintaining sanitation standards in compliance with city and state laws, Harvard University Environmental Health and Safety regulations, departmental and HACCP policies.
• Complies with State of Massachusetts and HUDS' "Food Employment Illness Policy".
• Provides appropriate progressive discipline.
• Observes religious, physical, and preferential dietary restrictions as required.
• Assures compliance with bargaining unit agreement.
• Maintains and replaces equipment as necessary.
• Executes departmental goals and objectives in an independent and energetic manner.
• Works to meet the mission and core values of HUDS with enthusiasm and a spirit of cooperation.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Catering
• Bachelor's degree in Hospitality or equivalent.
• Minimum seven to nine years progressive experience in foodservice management.
Emergency Status Designation: Critical Personnel
Hospitality & Dining Services
USA - MA - Cambridge
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Criminal, DMV, Drug Testing, Education, Employment, Identity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/g7kghwnrsmkwts63