The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Return to Listing
Executive Chef- Campus Dining
Application Deadline: 10/31/2019
Organization: New York Institute of Technology
Location: Old Westbury
Salary: Excellent compensation package & benefits!
Please apply online @ https://careers-nyit.icims.com/jobs/1888/executive-chef-campus-dining/job
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and medicine. A non-profit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institution of higher education, NYIT has more than 9,000 students worldwide.
Since 1955, NYIT has pursued its mission to: provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world.
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) Division of Campus Dining is seeking an Executive Chef to work at our Long Island campus in Old Westbury. Under the Culinary Operations Manager, the Executive Chef is responsible for all areas of the culinary operation.
In conjunction with the Culinary Operations Manager:
- Oversees all culinary-related activities for the entire Campus Dining department on 2 campuses and responsible for menu quality and overall performance of locations.
- Lead recipe and menu planning by creating theme menus and recipes that align with business optimization, quality, and customer service standards.
- Promote health and safety standards by ensuring all operations are delivering effective and complete food, safety and hygiene programs by performing real-time assessments.
- Lead and model effective employee and staff relations by evaluating, leading, motivating, coaching, and providing corrective action for direct reports.
- Provide support to supervisors in area locations.
- Responsible for the coordination of the cooking staff with respect to menu production and the efficient utilization of food resources.
- Continually maintains and trains the staff in sanitary practices and procedures.
- Monitors the food budget for the residential dining and makes adjustments as prices fluctuate throughout the year.
- All campus functions and special meals including menu, staffing, production, and delivery are coordinated through this position.
- Develops standard menus changing them with seasonal supply, pricing and availability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in culinary arts or equivalent apprenticeship. Nutritional training and familiarity with eating disorders and special dietary needs is required.
- 6-10 years of chef experience required, preferably in a college or large volume food production environment.
- Multi-unit management and supervisory experience required. Must be certified by local Board of Health.
- Diverse/international cuisine experience required. Vegetarian cooking experience - high end cuisine required.
- Advanced computer skills required. Prior experience with Caterease highly preferred.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
NYIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity