The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Return to Listing
Catering Event Manager (Floating)
Application Deadline: 10/6/2019
Organization: Harvard University
Location: Cambridge, MA
Salary: Salary grade 56
Apply Online: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jnprnc9x9tmjqdq5
Catering Event Manager (Floating)
Duties & Responsibilities
Summary The Catering Event Manager will provide event management support to assigned HUDS operations. This position supports HUDS operations with the management of a variety of small and large scale events and for providing maximum customer satisfaction to students, faculty, Faculty Deans, University clients and guests.
- Ensures high standards are consistently met via the implementation of all HUDS and University quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Manages all aspects of events on-site at HUDS operations and off site campus locations, including client communication, on-site management collaboration, establish event timelines, ensure special requests are met, etc.
- Supervises, assigns and directs the work of a team of hourly and temporary staff to ensure the delivery of excellent service.
- Addresses staff performance and imposes corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures employment practices are compliant with the current Collective Bargaining Agreement and all University personnel policy and procedures.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with Union Shop Stewards.
- Ensure Kronos timekeeping system is accurately and regularly maintained. Process timecards and absence requests in a timely manner and per HUDS policy and procedure. Use Kronos Dialer to fill open shifts in compliance with the Union Local 26 Contract and HUDS policies.
- Meets weekly with the catering office and production staff regarding details of upcoming events, including confirming event logistics, food presentation and arrival/departure timelines.
- Performs location site visits prior to event to review and confirm the client's vision for the event.
- Utilizes the Catermate system to maintain, update, and communicate event information.
- Orders all items necessary for events including linen, equipment rentals, bar services, temporary staff, and floral decor.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are compliant with city and state sanitation standards, Harvard Environmental Health and Safety regulations, departmental and HACCP policies.
- Ensure that relevant sustainability goals and programs are being followed.
- Complies with State of Massachusetts and Dining Services' "Food Employee Illness Policy".
- Represents HUDS to students, faculty, staff and guests in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- May be assigned to other HUDS operations to assist with manager vacancies and/or emergencies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma and at least 3 years prior front of the house catering experience with an off-premise, University or hotel catering operation.
- Previous experience managing hourly service staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel). Ability to learn other software applications as needed.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- A valid driver's license and willingness/ability to drive.
- Ability to develop creative concepts to provide clients with unique and personalized experiences.
- Knowledgeable about current food and event management trends.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Strong communication (verbal, written, interpersonal) skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Good professional judgment and ability to independently make sound business decisions.
- Skilled at addressing a variety situations and negotiating successful outcomes with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be adaptable to a frequently changing environment and ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Works professionally, ethically and with integrity; uphold the vision and mission of HUDS and the University.
Emergency Status Designation: Critical Personnel
Hospitality & Dining Services
USA - MA - Cambridge
00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Criminal, DMV, Drug Testing, Education, Employment, Identity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.