The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 10/05/2019
Organization: Ohio University
Location: Athens, OH
Salary: Annual salary range of $34,353-$39,506, commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition to a competitive salary, employees also enjoy a generous benefits package such as paid holidays, sick time, personal time, a tuition waiver up to 100% for self and dependents, a comprehensive insurance package (including but not limited to prescription, vision, dental, and life insurance), an excellent retirement plan with up to a 14% company contribution, a 12-week parental leave program, and more. Additional information is available at https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits.
Apply online at : http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/32222
Culinary Services website: www.ohio.edu/food
Culinary Services, a department within the Division of Student Affairs at Ohio University, seeks food service professionals to join our exciting team. Ohio University has three dining halls with total meal contracts ranging from 7,800-8,300 (depending on the semester), three markets, two Grab n Go’s, a food court with seven self-branded food concepts, a casual fine dining restaurant, four coffee shops, a gift shop, extensive catering, central bakery and vegetable processing area, central production kitchen with a cook/chill system, central warehouse for purchasing, receiving, storage, and distribution of all food and related items. Culinary Services is one of the largest self-operated university food service operations in the nation, located in Athens, OH. We are committed to an environment of diversity, inclusion, and social justice as we actively contribute to the success of our students. Culinary Services staff consists of 40 management/staff, 128 full-time staff, 6 administrative staff, and over 1,500 student employees. Annual sales in excess of $43 million.
Manages shift assignments for an assigned venue(s) within Culinary Services assisting the General Manager in the day-to-day operations of the assigned area(s). Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning and scheduling work, reviewing work and ensuring quality standards, training staff and overseeing their productivity. May offer recommendations for hiring, termination and pay adjustments, but does not have the responsibility for making these decisions.
• Assists the General Manager in overseeing the day-to-day operations of assigned venue(s).
• Serves as the manager on duty in the absence of the General Manager.
• Ensures a safe and sanitary workplace, complying with all applicable governmental laws and regulations, departmental policies and procedures as well as compliance with applicable provisions in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Focuses on customer service excellence to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
• Serves as an integral part of the management team and works closely with her/his designated supervisor to ensure all controllable cost categories meet or exceed departmental levels and adheres to budget levels set by management.
• Responsible for ensuring student staffing levels are met and maintained within established labor cost requirements and provides training and leadership to the student workforce.
•Produces a variety of financial reports to evaluate cost and efficiencies for the unit.
•Serves as a liason between AFSCME, peers, and other departments throughout the University, representing Culinary Services as needed during orientation, resource fairs and other related events as requested.
•Performs other related duties as assigned.
•Represents Culinary Services as needed during Bobcat Student Orientation, resource fairs, special events and other related events.
•Directly supervises 50-300 student workers and 20-30 bargaining unit staff indirectly.
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of food service, business or a related field, minimum of 1 year relevant work experience, minimum of 1 year supervisory/managerial experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
-ServSafe certification must be obtained within the first year of employment
-Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations.
-This position requires excellent customer service skills
-This position requires standing in kitchens for long periods of time
-Must have valid driver’s license
Catering experience is a plus.
Ohio University is committed to creating a respectful and inclusive educational and workplace environment. Ohio University is an equal access/equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Women, persons of color, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Ohio University is a member of the OH/Western PA/WV Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. www.ohwpawvherc.org