The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 03/20/2019
Organization: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, NC
Salary: $46,000 - 51,000
Apply online at http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/113243
All employment history must be listed on the application
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations—NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty, and the public on the NC State University campus. NC State Dining operates four dining halls, two food courts, a sports themed restaurant, two athletics facility dining halls, seven convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and a catering department.
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee daily operations of an NC State Dining food operation. This position will be responsible for restaurant, front and back of house, snack bar, beverage carts and bar service for catering events. They will oversee alcohol service and adherence for restaurant, catering, snack bar and beverage carts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Set weekly goals and meet budget goals by monitoring labor and cost of goods.
• Recruit and hire employees.
• Train staff to ensure they adhere to University policies and procedures.
• May be required to travel to various locations for delivery and pick-up of items using a state vehicle.
This position must be an entrepreneurial manager and change agent who is dedicated to supporting the ongoing development of NC State Dining department and its culinary services. This position reports to the Associate Director of Dining.
Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Home Economics, Hospitality Management or related discipline and one year of food management experience; or Associate’s degree in a related discipline and three years of food management experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Departmental Required Skills:
• Ability to assign, train, and coach subordinates on the correct standards, recipes, and procedures to prepare and serve food.
• Ability to ensure that all units are properly staffed and follow established hours of operation
• Possess a strong understanding of hospitality.
• Knowledge of state and county alcohol ordering and distribution regulations.
• Strong organizational, time management, and critical thinking skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software.
• Flexibility in work schedule in order to meet business needs.
• Must be able to routinely lift 30 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
• At least 3-5 years experience in food service management
• At least 3-5 years experience in the hospitality industry
• Experience managing a casual restaurant
• Culinary experience
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.