The following is a listing of open managerial positions at colleges, universities, and companies. NACUFS members may post positions at no charge. Nonmembers may purchase this service for a fee. Bulletins are posted on our website daily and removed from the site after 60 days. For more information on job postings, please consult our User Guide.
Application Deadline: 02/28/2019
Organization: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Salary: $52,000 - $57,000
Website: North Carolina State University
Apply online at http://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/112715
All work experience must be listed on the application. In addition to fully completing the required application, please upload a cover letter and resume.
Campus Enterprises is NC State University’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations—NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining provides campus wide food services to students, staff, and faculty, and the public on the NC State University campus. NC State Dining operates four dining halls, two food courts, a sports themed restaurant, two athletics facility dining halls, seven convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and a catering department.
Rave! Event Services is a department within NC State Dining that brings culinary excellence to every event, providing a full range menu selection with an exceptional array of dishes to complement every occasion.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the operations of Rave! Event Services on Centennial Campus at North Carolina State University. This position will oversee all catering business on Centennial Campus from sales activities to event planning to event execution, all at a high level of excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Establish standards of customer service and execution in a model that is financially sound, at times within a fine dining setting.
• Requires attention to detail to ensure customer satisfaction, preventing food loss and excessive labor expenses.
• Market the services of Rave! Event Services to Centennial Campus, and elevate the reputation of the Rave! Event Services and NC State Dining brands.
• Advise catering clients on menus, room set-up, and service required by discussing with the client directly and actively supervising catering coordinators, support staff, and sales coordinators who perform these duties.
• Direct catering efforts of the entire Rave! Event Services catering team in the absence of the director of Rave! Event Services.
• Support large catering events all over campus as requested by the Director of Rave! Event Services.
• Provide support during the football season including working during each home football game.
• Will be required to travel to various catering locations for delivery and pick-up of catering items using a state vehicle.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in catering sales and event planning
• Experience overseeing events at a prestigious location such as a country club or high-end/fine dining venue
• Proficient in use of Eventmaster software or similar event planning software
• Previous experience managing multiple events simultaneously
• Previous experience in high volume catering business in excess of 2 million dollars per year
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.