How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Click here to apply.
Michigan Dining is comprised of twenty-one on-campus cafes and markets, nine residential dining halls, a line of Blue to Go foods and the Michigan Catering unit. Our 400 professional and 1200 student employees are committed to creative, healthy and nutritious foods, international cuisines, and sustainability throughout all dining operations.
You will oversee the daily operations of several catering and event operations with events. Plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of catered events at the Golf Course through consultation with customers, catering team, and catering leadership. Provide oversight at events to ensure service standards are upheld and provide guidance. Maintain quality customer relationships at events and provide resolution to concerns that arise. You will report to the Director of Catering
Click here to view full job description.
Why Work at Michigan?
Benefits at the University of Michigan
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Coordinate menu planning for the customer through consultation with the Executive Chef and Director of Catering and following departmental guidelines.
- Complete a weekly catering schedule ensuring staff coverage to meet special event needs and monitoring labor costs.
- Communicate with all the stakeholders to respond to guest needs including building managers, custodial staff and support staff.
- Responsible for oversight of front of house catering operations through the management of employees by scheduling servers and culinary team based on event size and labor cost, conducting coaching and on the job training for staff. Maintain a partnership with key stakeholders at the Golf Course to create a working relationship.
- Help monitor the budget monthly and making necessary adjustments consistent with achieving unit goals and communicating deviations from the expected budget. Help with the purchasing of food and beverage supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in food related field or restaurant management or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary
- Two or more year's supervisory experience in a food related field
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and equipment used in the preparation and distribution of food
This role may have reporting obligations under Title IX and Clery.
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and applicants for this position will not be sponsored for work visas.
Salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and education of the selected candidate.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible, are required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the UM-Dearborn and UM-Flint websites.