ISU Catering professionals and culinary team wants you to join our team! Our highly creative, world-class chefs can whip up mouth-watering, made-from-scratch recipes of every culinary style and flavor and even recreate one of your family favorites. We are currently looking to add additional highly creative individuals to our team! We're currently hiring for multiple positions.
The Assistant Manager of Catering would assist with supervising the service, onsite food production and daily operations of food services, facilities, and personnel. Assigns and prioritizes work, schedule staff and establishes quality standards.
Interested in learning more? Check out our website: https://catering.iastate.edu/
Apply at the ISU career site: https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Assistant-Manager-Catering---Multiple-Positions_R5353
Example of Duties
• Supervises service delivery, training, safety, sanitation, facilities maintenance, marketing, and cash handling in order to meet departmental goals.
• Assists with the development of operational pricing and budgets to meet sales, budgetary, and financial targets.
• Supervises and participates in food production, including forecasting food ordering, food preparation, and food sanitation.
• Authorizes purchases and monitors inventory control procedures.
• Assists in the planning and execution of dining programs and participates in short and long-term strategic planning.
• Assists in creating and updating policies and procedures used by the department in order to assure compliance with university policies and State and Federal laws.
• Evaluates product offerings and selection to keep current with the popularity of items offered for sale.
• Markets the department and acts as the liaison for the department with various units, committees or task forces.
• Establishes and demonstrates a positive working relationship with vendors to develop product ordering, delivery, and stocking schedules.
• Researches, facilitates, and develops trainings and orientations for new staff.
• Aware of key annual objectives of department or work unit
• Understands linkage between daily activities and achievement of annual objectives of department/work unit and explains to direct reports
• Focus on ISU’s mission and meeting department or work unit goals
• Supervises a small department or work team
• Often is a working supervisor with direct, previous experience performing work of those supervised
• Has full management responsibility for direct reports, specifically the authority to hire, fire, and counsel; may share part of responsibility with higher level management
• Requests approval for financial actions beyond a limited scope per policy
Iowa State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against. Inquiries can be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity, 3410 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, 515 294-7612, email email@example.com.